I made these the other day after reading that its good to go gluten free and how flaxseeds are one of the richest sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, and high in lignans (google what they are).
Flaxseeds help with premenstrual breast pain and can help reduce breast cancer risk. They extend periods by a day and reduce periods over a lifetime. Reducing exposure to eastrogen and the risk to breast cancer (extracted from page 221 -223 of Dr Greger’s How Not to Die).
- Buckwheat flour
- Milled Flax seeds
- Walnut oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Tepid water
- Put flour in a clean glass bowl.
- Add flax seeds.
- Add glugs of walnut oil.
- Add salt.
- Add enough water till dough comes together and can be kneaded.
- Roll on a floured surface into thin rounds.
- Cook on a hot flat pan.
- Turn over once and at the third turn gently press with a piece of cloth shaped into a ball till it puffs up.
- Take off the heat and cover with a tea towel.
Delicious with lentil curry or tempeh mushroom varuval!